I’m going on holiday to Cyprus in 3 weeks time, and I’m SUPER excited!!
Holidays are great because they leave you looking healthy, fresh and glowy. However, the makeup situation can be really tricky. All the heat can really make your makeup routine difficult and you can be left looking streaky, patchy and very, very shiny. Not hot.
So I have put together a little list of things I want to get before heading off on my holibobs.
My makeup needs to be pretty resilient as I’ll no doubt be in and out of the pool, sweating in the heat and battling the sun, so I have chosen products that are hard hitting when it comes to their staying power and multiple uses.
- Urban Decay 24/7 dual end waterproof eyeliner pencils – I’m already a big fan of these pencils as they do exactly what they say on the packaging. They’re super long lasting, water and sweat proof. Plus, the new double ended version gives you 2 complimentary colours in one!
- GUERLAIN Terracotta Joli Teint Powder – Comes in really wearable shades based on your hair colouring, with a little hint of blush on the edge of the compact to give you a really enviable flush of colour. It’s pricey but so worth it!!
- Bare Minerals SPF 30 mineral powder Suncreen – I’m already a big lover of Bare Minerals products, using their foundation, powders and concealer nearly every day, and this is no different. It’s an SPF 30 sunscreen in a powder form, so you can dust it over your face and neck, giving you a beautiful matte finish with a light tint and none of that greasiness you get with other face sunscreens. WIN!
- YSL vernis A levres stain – I have this is red and hot pink already and ADORE them! They’re light, moisturising, glossy and have the added bonus of being a stain too so they last AGES! I want a few more in bright holiday shades.
- Bourjois Aqua Blush – I’ve been wanting to try these since they were released as I’ve heard great things about them. They’re very sheer, dewy and come in loads of beautiful colours. Creams are always easier in the hot weather as they don’t slide off.
- Kiko Waterproof eyeshadow sticks – Waterproof, super rich shades, creamy texture and a beautiful shimmer. What’s not to love?
- Benefit Watts Up – The awesome highlighter with a nifty buffer at one end. It’s a gooooorgeous champagne colour and makes you look glowy and beautiful.
- Benefit Big Easy BB cream – The younger sister of the legendary “YOUREBEL”, this cream is 3 things in one. It’s a moisturiser, foundation and SPF 35 sunscreen all in one, which is awesome when you’re on holiday and you’re in a rush to get to the beach.