It’s a new year, and we’re all looking at making ourselves a little bit better by eating better. I’m with you on that one! I need to eat healthier not just for my own well being, but because my body isn’t as great at processing all the junk food anymore. So time to create some healthy alternatives to my favourite foods, the lazy girl way!
One thing I would really struggle without is cookies. I love sweet foods and desserts so making something that is not only sweet but also healthy is a big winner in my opinion! So, here’s my banana and oat cookies with Nutella to sate your sweet tooth. It’s easy to make, tasty and full of goodness.
What you will need
- 3 bananas
- Real chopped oats
How to make
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees or gas Mark 4.
- Peel and chop 3 bananas and put into a bowl.
- Mash the bananas with a masher or fork until smooth and gooey.
- Put in 3 cups of chopped oats and a table spoon of flaxseed.
- Stir the mixture well, adding more oats if it is too wet/gooey.
- Put grease proof paper onto a baking tray.
- Spoon the mixture onto the tray in singular blobs around 2 inches apart and press down into a cookie shape.
- Pop into the oven and leave to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies turn a golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and pop onto a cooling rack.
- While they cool, put a scoop of Nutella in a bowl.
- Put the cookies onto a plate, dip into the Nutella and ENJOY!!
Easy, yummy, and most importantly, HEALTHY! Also try the same recipe but half dipping the cookies in Nutella and refrigerating to create chocolate covered versions!
I hope you will give this recipe a try, let me know your thoughts.